Why so quiet lately?

Well, quiet for me!

I wanted to let everyone know that I’m in the process of transferring this blog to the newly registered www.apihtawikosisan.ca (and .com), and the logistics involved in this is what has diverted my attention lately.  I’d like to pretend that I can take credit for all the complex technical details, but I’m as tech savvy as a muskrat.  Mostly I’ve been mentally reorganising and compiling excellent links and resources for both language learning and general education on indigenous issues.

All that to say, I’ve been doing a lot of web-surfing lately, and having my socks blown off by just how much native peoples are accomplishing and developing in so many fields.  I want to bring those achievements to a wider audience, and WordPress is just getting too confining.

I’m trusting that the transition will go smoothly and as time goes on there will be some visual changes to the site as well as a lot of new content.  I hope you bear with me.  In addition, it’s possible that this blog will be cohosted by rabble.ca in the near future which should nicely offset the fact that some articles are also on HuffPo!

Don’t worry, I’ll be running my mouth off again in a very short time.

Share this: Google+ Reddit Print

Categories: Uncategorized

15 Responses to Why so quiet lately?

1. Arlene says:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will tweet link as much as I can.

2. cpf says:

Make sure to redirect to .com to the .ca to improve your google ranking.

3. Lisa says:

I look forward to it! Thanks!!

4. WordPress itself is not confining, but wordpress.com could be. I wish you will in your transition!

5. Cynthia Preston says:

🙂 you go girl!

6. nokamis says:

I hope for a smooth transition for your work here is much appreciated apihatawikosisan 🙂

7. myna lee johnstone says:

yep!
    I’m gettin educated very good here!
    i post on fb and tweet each and everyone
    in appreciation

8. morehistory says:

Hi ,

I was following a link to a blog entry, but it’s not working.

When you moved, did something break?

• Must have, where were you following it from? I’ll look into it, thanks!

• morehistory says:

I usually Google a blog entry to get to here, ’cause I don’t have you bookmarked on all the various computers I use. 🙂

This one would always bring me to the right place.

It looks like the “/tag” bit isn’t working. Maybe an plugin isn’t installed, or some database stuff isn’t proper?

• So many glitches, and yet I think I’ve been super lucky to not have more go wrong!

You can subscribe to the page via email btw…down there on the right under Archives 😀 Although right now it sends you out my complete post rather than a summary, which is annoying but not a disaster.

I’ll see if I can do anything, but some of the tags just may not work anymore.

• Yikes, turns out that none of the external links work anymore, despite paying WordPress for that service. Grrrr. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! No wonder site traffic has been way down!

• morehistory says:

Well, definitely follow up with them, if you are paying for it. I’ve used WP for authoring but am not a guru at admin, and haven’t yet done a migration like you’ve done, so I’d only be guessing what was wrong.

The 404 it brings you to isn’t great though — should be a way to improve that, ’cause even a typo at the source site shouldn’t leave you stuck as a surfer.

I don’t have time to devote today, but I can look around a bit tomorrow to see what might help, if you’d like.

And I’m glad to help — you’ve provided some great insight and entertaining reading, and done a lot to challenge some of my understandings of things. It’s the least I could do.

• I’ve got my webmaster following up with WordPress, hope to get things fixed up soon!