Cree Curricular Resources
I figure there are enough out there, that I could use a sub-page. I will confine these entries to documents that are specifically developed to be approved curricular documents. For those unfamiliar with such documents, a program of studies is the ‘bare bones’ part of what student outcomes should be met in a program. The guide to implementation usually also contains lesson plans and sample work sheets which can be very useful for in-home use. I am providing links to both. (Keep in mind, the guides to implementation are hundreds of pages long)
After this are classroom assessment materials specific to certain grades. They are linked to specific curricular objectives in the program of studies, and are much smaller files. The K-3 implementation guides have these assessment materials as appendices, whereas the grades 4-6 have stand alone assessment files too.
- Cree Language and Culture, 9 year program (Grade 4-12) [program of studies]
- Cree Language and Culture, 12 year program (K-12) [program of studies]
- Cree Language and Culture, K-3 [guide to implementation]
- Cree Language and Culture, 4-6 [guide to implementation]
- Cree Language and Culture, 7-9 [guide to implementation]
- Cree Language and Culture, 10-12 [guide to implementation]
– this is a PDF document which consists of complete lesson plans and assessments for teaching reading and writing in Plains Cree at an elementary level. So far it is one of the clearest and most helpful educational documents I have found and can be easily modified to be used at home. Saskatchewan puts out some really quality Cree language resources!
– this is a resource list intended for Alberta teachers, but some of these materials are also available for you to purchase. In addition, many of these resources are available directly through the organisations that developed them.